As you will know, there are a few significant superannuation changes that come into effective on the 1st of July 2017 (in a few weeks’ time). We believe we have contacted any client that will be impacted over the short term however this email is to provide a quick summary as a reminder. Saying this, if we have not made contact and you believe these changes may impact you please contact our office immediately to discuss.
Your retirement goals may be affected by the changes if you are planning to:
- Make before-tax contributions more than $25,000 per annum – either via your employer or directly by you.
- Make after-tax contributions of more than $100,000 per annum or $300,000 over a three year period.
- Have a transition to retirement income stream or non-commutable allocated Pension (NCAP).
- Transfer or have more than $1,600,000 in a retirement pension account.
- Earn income more than $250,000 per annum.
- Make contributions to your spouse’s super where their income is less than $40,000 per annum.
We invite you to read the following summary. If you believe you may be affected by any of the above and you are unsure of the impact (if any) please make contact with us.